mardi 1 mars 2016

Silhouettes


Hi, all!
Today starts the new monthly challenge at House of Cards and for the next four weeks, 
we'll play with Silhouettes



I couldn't choose just one, so I show you some different ways to use this topic.




My first card is black and white with three die-cut birds sitting on a cord and watching the moon - all that on a reverse embossed card base. It was very simple to do!




For my second card, I used acrylic blocks and Distress ink for the colored squares. 
Once dried, I stamped the image in gray and the sentiment in turquoise.  
.....and for the fun to use one of my new stencils, I added some text using acrylic paint at the left corner.




On the third card, I used watercolor spots on wet paper. 
After drying, I stamped the bird and then I continued the green line under the bird's tail outside the frame.



For my last card, I sponged at first the background with yellow and blue ink. 
Then I stamped the yellow leaves. Next was the branch which I heat embossed in white. 
After that, I stamped the birds at twice to get a darker image (and also some shadow *lol*)
Last I added a few splashes and the sentiment.



As you can see, there are so much possibilities to make silhouettes and I wish you great fun for all those you'll make!


Happy day to all of you!

Rosi







Stamps: Katzelkraft, SU, Artemio,
Inks: Versafine "Onyx Black", "Toffee", "Deep Lagoon", Distress "Spiced Marmalade", "Shabby Shutter", "Tumbled Glass", 
Dew Drop Brilliance "Lightening Black" ...and Watercolors
Dies: Memory Box
Stencil: Scrap Plaisir
Embossing: SU
Txine, white embossing powder, 


14 commentaires:

  1. Great way to show diffrent use of the "silhouett". My favorite is the first one with the birds on the string.
    So fun to see all you girls creations and howe diffrent they are on the same theme.
    (✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Gleich 4 Karten! Du warst wirklich in Schwung! Jede ist schön auf ihre Art!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. All of your cards are beautiful! I think my favorite is the one with the birds in the moonlight! Just beautiful! You are so creative!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Wow, what a great collection of cards and fun techniques! Beautiful work!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. you went all out and I'm glad you did! these are fabulous!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Rosi--WOWOWOWOW!!! I am in LOVE with the gorgeous stamps and colors you used for this array of cards! You always blow me away with your creativity--I adore all of these! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Et bien Rosi, tu as superbement bien été inspiré, elles sont superbes, biz

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Das scheint ja genau Dein Thema zu sein ..*grins*. Wunderschön Deine verschiedenen Varianten. meine beiden persönlichen Favoriten sind Nr. 1 + 3.
    GLG Gundi

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Zauberhafte Werke hast du da kreiert, liebe Rosi.
    Die erste hat es mir besonders angetan.

    Liebe Grüße und einen schönen Sonntag
    Kersten

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Wunderschöne Werke hast du da gezaubert so schön unterschiedlich und jedes auf seine Art Super schön, liebe grüsse Bettina

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Wonderful cards!! I think the 1st one with the birds in the moonlight is my favorite.
    Tina HOC teamie

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Completely blown away by all your cards but card #1 is simply breathtaking! Jo x HOC/DT friend.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Love all your cards...great addition of colour to the various silhouettes!
    Fabulous makes for the House of Cards!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Wow! I love them all!
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    RépondreSupprimer

RGPD
Dear visitors.
Thank you very much for your comments!
Please note that by leaving a comment on this blog, you agree that your name and comment will be visible to everyone who visits this blog. If you don't want your name to be visible, you can always select the "Anonymous" option. Thank you.