samedi 25 mai 2019

Do you already know the Eraser Technique?


Hello everyone!
It's Saturday and time for a new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown! This week we have a technique challenge:


Eraser Technique

The basic equipment for this simple but very effective technique is very minimal. 
All you need is a piece of sandpaper, a pencil, a sharpener, a matching stamp, a stamp pad, a sponge and of course an eraser. 
What is still very important is hairspray, but I'll explain that below!




Here is my card, which I will explain step by step with the following pictures.



Here again the basic equipment for this technique. 
You can and should also use stencils, that makes it even more interesting! 
But for today I will only use the indispensable!



First I scribbled with the pencil on sandpaper to get graphite, which I then smeared with a small sponge on the whole surface of the white card stock. - Not too much, but not too little!
Then I stamped the penguins.  
....I won this stamp with this technique at Heindesign ....because actually the story started there! 
Last November my friend Gundi organized a challenge with this technique, which she had discovered at Heindesign. It immediately caught my eyes and of course I had to take part! Mr. Hein had provided this stamp for the Challenge and personally selected the winner according to his criteria! - You can imagine how happy I was!

Sorry, I was a bit long, but I had to tell the story!



Next I made a few snow hills with a torn piece of paper.



Then I started erasing the snowmen....
See, now they're getting white again!



I also made thick snowflakes - I just put on the eraser tip and turned it. 
....you should clean the eraser frequently so that nothing gets smudged! 



I watercolored the penguins with felt-tip pens and erased the snow hills a bit more. 
To make it a bit glitter, I covered the snowmen, the snowflakes and the snow hills with Wink of Stella.



I cut the panel to size and made faux stitches at the edges using my quilting wheel.

And now the hairspray comes into use! 
It is sprayed over the finished card, so that nothing can smear afterwards!
...and the second positive side, it smells good! :)



If you want to look at other examples, here are some of them: Here using a stencil, here using Kraft, here and here.

I hope I could inspire you to this super simple technique and look forward to what you do with it! 
Have fun smearing and erasing! 😉






Linked up with:


Stamps: Penguins (Heindesign); Sentiment (unkown)
Inks: Onyx Black (Versafine), 
Felt-tip pens, Wink of Stella, quilting wheel


5 commentaires:

  1. j'adore Rosi, cette ribambelle de bonhommes de neige est troooop mignonne, merci de nous avoir fait découvrir cette technique, biz

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  2. Da ist er ja endlich und Deine Karte ist zauberhaft und entzĂŒckend. Die SchneemĂ€nner sind und bleiben meine Lieblinge von Heindesign. Eigentlich will und muss ich ja eine Woche Blogpause machen, aber diese Challenge kann und darf ich mir nicht entgehen lassen!!!
    Bises

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  3. Diese SchneemÀnner sind ja sowas von knuffig, Deine Karte ist wunderschön geworden, die Technik ist genial.

    Einen guten Start in die neue Woche
    wĂŒnscht Dir
    Anke

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  4. Rosi... your result is fabulous beyond words! I love the shading you were able to achieve in the drifts...and the snowflakes are perfect. I had initially tried those eraser-end snowflakes... yours look so much better than my effort. I love how the snowmen come alive after erasing! Great card and a great example. Thanks so much for the invite to GD this week at 52CCT.

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  5. Thanks for sharing this technique with us. It's very easy really but gives a great effect. Your little snowmen are very sweet and just right for this. x

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer

RGPD
Dear visitors.
Thank you very much for your comments!
Please note that by leaving a comment on this blog, you agree that your name and comment will be visible to everyone who visits this blog. If you don't want your name to be visible, you can always select the "Anonymous" option. Thank you.