jeudi 7 octobre 2021

Party Girl

Hello everyone!
Time for a new challenge at Day of the Month Card Club! This month we are celebrating


It's My Party Day

Who needs a reason to plan a party? It's the perfect day to celebrate whatever you want. Just be sure your party soundtrack includes musician Lesley Gore's hit "It's My Party," a popular pop song that came out in 1963. It's the perfect tune to help set the stage for your celebration. 

At DotMCC we keep the party simple, we just ask you to make a card for our challenge! 😉


I saw this card from Corrie Herriman on Pinterest and liked it so much that I stole her idea without further ado! I made the background a little different, but for the colors I kept very close to the original. Unfortunately, I do not have the stamp of the sweet girl "yet", but the image was pretty easy to draw by hand. 😊
This time I used my stencil as a stamp! I applied the colors to the stencil, spritzed it with water and pressed it onto the already sponged card. I bleached a few spots and then stamped the card with different stamps and the same Distress Oxide inks I already used for the background. I ended by adding the washi tape, the girl and the sentiment, and stamped a few more hearts under the washi tape. 

This card is for my granddaughter for her birthday, I'm sure she will love it!
I hope you like it too, even though I cheated a lot this time! 😏




Linked up with:
Little Red Wagon - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Addicted to Stamps and More - Die Cuts and/or Stencils
Krafty Chicks - Stamp Act
Seize The Birthday - Cakes or Anything Goes

  Please Grab Our Badge!  Right Click to Save  


Supplies:
Stamps: Numbers (Katzelkraft); Triangles and zigzag stitches (Scrap Plaisir); Letters and hearts (Craft Sensations); the girl is handdrawn
Inks: Picked Raspberry and Wild Honey (Distress Oxide), Melon Mambo (Stampin'Up);
Stencil: Craft Sensations
Washi tape, alcohol markers



8 commentaires:

  1. What a darling card, Rosi - love your party girl image and fun background!! Thanks for having me as a guest designer!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Very cute and great background! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I don't think that you need to buy the stamp of you can draw her. So much more creative. Love your background too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Size the Birthday Challenge.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Wow, this is impressive! Your stenciled background is perfect for our challenge but the fact that you drew her is very impressive indeed! Well done! So glad you linked up to the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge. Best of luck to you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Wow! Amazing card! Your granddaughter will definitely love it. Everything about this card sings loudly. From the back ground (which is the star of the show in my eyes) to the sweet girl (that you hand drew), you pulled all the stop and made it truly special. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Awesome card!! Such a fun image and absolutely fabulous bright colours for your party girl!! I think I'll have "It's My Party" going through my head the rest of the evening. :)

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Elle est vraiment superbe ta carte ! Qu'elle est rigolote cette petite fille et ce combo de couleurs est tout simplement magnifique (il faut que je me souvienne que le rose et le orange vont super bien ensemble !). Mais le plus spectaculaire c'est ton arrière plan, comment tu fais pour imaginer tout ça ? En tous les cas, bravo ! x

    RépondreSupprimer

RGPD
Dear visitors.
Thank you very much for your comments!
Please note that by leaving a comment on this blog, you agree that your name and comment will be visible to everyone who visits this blog. If you don't want your name to be visible, you can always select the "Anonymous" option. Thank you.