lundi 7 octobre 2019

DotMCC-Challenge #8 - World Card Making Day


Hello everyone!
Welcome to our 8th Day of the Month Card Club challenge!


Our new theme is:

World Card Making Day
Celebrated on October 5th.


This special day should encourage everyone to make a homemade card and our challenge will give you a whole month to do it!

I don't know anyone who wouldn't be touched by a handmade card!
You can make them in many ways, for every occasion and often you don't even have to be well equipped for it. For example, I made my very first handmade card with dried grasses and flowers. Later I made 3D cards and for a while I also made embroidered cards - yes that was very time consuming but the recipients appreciated them all very much and kept them well until today!

Whether 3D, embroidered, stamped or created by computer, what counts is that you want to please the recipient with something special, something that comes from the heart, something that means "I'm thinking of you"!

You will see, card making is so much fun, that you'll create more than one of them in the future!!



A quite simple card, as you can see!
But just because it's simple doesn't mean I didn't care to create something beautiful for the person who gets this card!
I worked with watercolors and put different colored swabs on a white panel. In addition, I spread very fine, dark red splashes over the dried panel. My idea was to make it look like a rose petal rain. The silver colored sentiment that was allready printed on parchment paper matched like a glove! I die cut it with a circle die and glued it with a narrow, double-sided tape onto the panel, which I then glued onto a white base card.

I made this card for my dear niece's birthday.



There is ALWAYS a reason to celebrate! 😉





Linked up with:
Craft Rocket - Pink
Little Red Wagon - Cut it out!
Creative Fingers - Allways Anything Goes

Blog Badge  little red wagon   


Supplies: Just paper, watercolors and a sentiment that was allready printed on parchment paper + a circle die

3 commentaires:

  1. Eine Karte muss nicht immer kompliziert sein und mit viel drauf, ein schlichtes Design entfaltet ebenfalls eine große Wirkung und wenn dann noch selbst gemacht, das ist es wirklich was Besonderes!!
    Bises

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Elle est adorable, je suis sûr que ta nièce l'appréciera à sa juste valeur, biz

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Totally looks like rose petal rain - you nailed it! Lovely card! I bet your niece adores it. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    RépondreSupprimer

RGPD
Dear visitors.
Thank you very much for your comments!
Please note that by leaving a comment on this blog, you agree that your name and comment will be visible to everyone who visits this blog. If you don't want your name to be visible, you can always select the "Anonymous" option. Thank you.